The association of Indian Cleaning Industry (AICI) had organised an Inventory Control workshop programme in April. Saji.C Sebastian, Director, Pioneer Hospitality Services Pvt. Ltd and Secretary, AICI, conducted the workshop. Nineteen participants from major companies like Aramark Patman, Unisol, All Services Under One Roof and Epicurean attended the programme which touched on the following points:-
- Understanding and defining inventories
- Understanding the relationship between maintenance of inventories and achieving the performance and productivity standards
- Understanding types of inventories machines and chemicals
- Understanding ‘minimum’ and ‘maximum’ inventory quantities
- Understanding inventory controls
At the end of the programme, a small exercise was conducted where each participant was asked to give a small presentation based on what they learnt in the workshop. The participants were also given handouts on preparing & maintaining machine cards, repair logs and equipment logs.