Amasht Paper Hygiene Products Pvt. Ltd, Pune, supplies tissue paper to McDonald’s outlets for its western and southern regions. Being customised, the tissue paper meets the standards specified by McDonald’s. Amasht’s unit is the first tissue converting unit in India to get ISO 22000:2005.
During the process the tissue paper undergoes regular microbiological testings, so that the product is contamination free.
At the Paper mill end, said K.D. Pudumjee, MD, Amasht, the paper should be from 100% recycled material. The paper mill should certify that no toxic chemicals or elemental chlorine has been used in the manufacturing of the tissue paper.
In order to meet these requirements, certain procedures are followed by Amasht:
- Paper is inspected for correctness of size and quality
- It is free of contamination
- Paper is not stored in direct contact with the floor
- Rodent control practices as approved for food safety management are in operation
- Verification of training received by operators of the control systems
- Insect traps are located in manufacturing area for control of flying insects
- Head cover and coats (without pockets) provided to all employees
- Clean toilets and proper hand washing/hand drying and disinfectant for all employees using the washrooms
- Daily supervisory check to ensure cleanliness of employees
- Periodic swab test of products manufactured on machines to check for bacterial contamination.