Biotec No. 1 surface cleaning machine from Nilfisk offers the advanced method of oil slick wet cleaning using scrub-suction Technology. It is currently the most advanced method of surface cleaning at open roads.
The machine provides deep-pore cleaning of oil contamination that is mild to the road surface, effective and low in cost. The scrub-suction technique requires very low water consumption which results in low waste volumes and consequently low waste disposal costs. The integrated recycling system depending on the contamination grade allows the solution water to be reused up to three times.
The solution water is permanently heated up over a high efficiency heat exchanger placed in the exhaust system of the engine, which is specially designed for the Biotec No1. This system provides hot water at approximately 65-70°C in a matter of seconds without any further heating cost. This system makes the machine winter proof. Operating the Biotec No1 is possible even at temperatures below -15°. The machine is certified with the German DWA M-715 and RALGGVU LKM. Both certificates have been achieved with almost 100% restoration of the skid resistance of the surface with this detergent in combination with the machine technology. The maximum surface restoring result can be achieved in combination with a special developed detergent “Biolex”. This cleaner is approved for use on Asphalt roadways and is biodegradable. There is availability of different types of special detergent on road surfaces for other types of contamination.
The following techniques are available for cleaning:
- A sweeping mechanism with a cylindrical main broom with a working width of 1.5m and a side broom for cleaning bulk materials such as oil binders, soil or glass etc. The hydraulic operated hopper, with a volume of 454lt, can be emptied up to a height of 1.52m.
- A heated cleaning solution pre-spraying system, with individual nozzle and dosing control, with a stainless steel tank with a capacity of 75lt. In combination with scrub-suction and high-pressure techniques, this system creates a long enough reaction time before the emulsion is recovered by the powerful Vacuum system and squeegee.
- The road surface conserving scrub-suction technique, uses hot water at a temperature of up to 65-70° Centigrade, with “no-tool” gimbal mounted scrub brushes, with scrub-pressure up till 272kg and a working width of 1.5m. The rotation direction can be changed. The side broom has it own pre spraying nozzle which allows a total water consumption of only 6.5lt per minute depending on the degree of contamination and the medium. It can be recycled up to three times in the machine.
- An additional hot-water high-pressure spraying arch with four wide-jet nozzles for the removal of extreme contamination, with a working width of 1.5m, vacuum aspiration and a water consumption of approximately 17lt per minute.
- In addition a push-fit handheld lance with a 15m hose on an automatic hose drums for cleaning vertical contamination (e.g. crash barriers) or other places that are inaccessible with the machine.
- A hand held high pressure lance with a 15m hose on an automatic stainless steel hose reel for cleaning vertical contamination (e.g. crash barriers) or other places that are not accessible with the machine.
- A high-pressure vacuumized hand-held Power scrubber for cleaning surfaces that the machine cannot reach.
- A swiveling squeegee for a perfect pick up of the emulsion, leaving a safe and dry surface.