Measuring, monitoring and reporting Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and surface hygiene parameters inside a workplace, commercial buildings, hotels & restaurants etc. has become a critical business imperative for workplace administrators and senior facility managers, writes Parikshit Roy, Co-Founder & CEO, Caleedo.
We spend about 90% of our time indoors. In the backdrop of Covid-19, IAQ and surface hygiene have gained significant importance as employees and employers have become aware of the fact that the coronavirus and other similar viruses can spread via indoor air and surfaces.
SaaS for hygiene monitoring
Hygieneo, a first-of-its-kind SaaS for IAQ and surface hygiene levels allows organisations to:
- Measure IAQ and surface hygiene with IoT, hand-held and Wi-Fi enabled IAQ meter and ATP meter (for surface hygiene).
- Monitor IAQ and surface hygiene levels inside a workplace or building with Hygieneo web dashboard that provides the workplace administrator with trends, insights, reports and analytics on IAQ parameters and surface hygiene levels.
- Report IAQ and surface hygiene to building occupants, employees and visitors with the help of livecast dashboard for streaming hygiene levels being maintained inside the workplace
Hand-held IAQ and surface hygiene meters allow workplace administrators and the O&M/FM team to take measurements throughout the building or facility without using any wall-mounted sensors, which helps organisations in cost optimisation.
AirQ meters for indoor air quality can measure critical IAQ parameters: PM particles (PM 2.5 and PM 10), carbon dioxide (CO2), Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOCs), air temperature and humidity.
SurfQ meter measures surface hygiene levels by measuring Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) levels present on any surface. The ATP levels are measured in terms of Relative Light Units (RLU).
Operational benefits of Hygieneo
- Proactive Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA) in containing and managing IAQ and surface hygiene
- Recalibrating surface sanitisation levels based on ATP measurements
- Taking remedial actions in improving and retro-fitting air distribution system based on data and trends
- Displaying and reporting indoor air and surface hygiene standards to occupants builds trust and confidence in the minds of occupants, employees and visitors
- Identification of potential transmission hotspots inside a workplace or facility
- Maintaining best-in-class IAQ and surface hygiene levels, especially in common areas like receptions, lift lobbies, washrooms and staircases
Hygieneo provides workplace administrators a comprehensive indoor air, surface hygiene and standards platform from a record-keeping, compliance and operational improvement capability. The power of the digital application allows workplace administrators to connect multiple facilities under the same application and do standards compliance across portfolios from a single user interface.
We are unfolding a new era of indoor air and surface hygiene management for workplace administrators to remain proactive on sensitive yet business strategic objectives like never before.