At the first ever Make In India Week held on February 13-18, 2016 in Mumbai, showing manufacturing prowess of the Country, MoUs to the tune of `15.2 lakhsCr were signed. The weeklong program discussed upcoming mega projects, Industrial Corridors and Smart Cities. Surely the Cleaning Industry can look for opportunities.
The week showcased strengths and opportunities in 11 sectors covering aerospace & defence, automobiles, chemicals & petrochemicals, construction machinery, food processing, infrastructure, IT & electronics, industrial equipment & machinery, MSME, pharmaceuticals and textiles. While 17 States participated in the event, Maharashtra led the way by securing an investment commitment over `8 lakhsCr.
Key deals concluded during the MIIW.
- Sterlite Group Company TwinStar Display Technologies & MIDC for LCD manufacturing unit in technical collaboration with Autron of Taiwan
- BAE Systems and Mahindra for assembling and testing of M777 Howitzers
- ORACLE’s USD 400 million investment in India to set up 9 incubation centre
- Trivitron healthcare manufacturing unit in Chennai
- Gujarat Government and Vestas (Denmark) for wind mill blades manufacturing unit at Ahmedabad
- Raymond Industries to invest `1400Cr for manufacturing linen yarn and fabric facility
- Mahindra & Mahindra: Investment – `8000Cr (Nashik: `6500Crs, Chakan – `1,500Cr)
- Gujarat Government and Tar Kovacs Systems (France) for offshore platform to develop marine applications in Gujarat
- Tar Kovacs and Government of Karnataka for setting up ocean based renewable energy project
- Yes Bank and IREDA for financing of renewable power projects
- Ascendas: Investment: `4571Cr; Employment: 1.09 Lakh
- Mercedes: Investment: `1500Cr; Employment: 4270
- Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers: Investment: `6204cr; Employment: 140
- Godrej Industries: Investment: `3000cr | Employment: 2000
- JSW Jaigarh Port Ltd | Investment: `6000Crs; Employment: 1000
- CREDAI and MCHI for 5.7 Lakh affordable homes with an investment of `.1.1 lakhCr and 7.6 lakh jobs
- Government of Jharkhand and Vedanta Ltd
- Government of Jharkhand and Adani group to set up a thermal power plant with a total capacity of 1,600 MW to be supplied to Bangladesh Grid
- Agreement between Government of Jharkhand and Adani Group to set up a Coal based Methane fertilizer plant
- Uber and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Department (SDED) of the Maharashtra government
- Solar Industries and Government of Maharashtra to set up a Nagpur plant for manufacturing of ammunition for armed forces