Facebook Twitter Linkedin Youtube Instagram
Home > News > Indian restaurant fined for poor hygiene

Indian restaurant fined for poor hygiene

Owners of an Indian restaurant Chutney Joe in Chingford, the UK, have been fined £10,200 after inspectors found its standards of hygiene appalling. Inspectors found that cooked food items in the restaurant were exposed to contamination because they were stored in newspapers and the temperature of food in the refrigerators was not monitored.

Inspectors also found that the floor of the food store had partially collapsed, the storeroom was filthy, the can openers were coated in dirt and dried food and a cutting board was dirty and heavily scoured. The drainage gully in the floor was open which gave the rodents access to the restaurant from the drains. The toilets had no ventilation.

Share this article

Leave a Reply

Enter Captcha Here :

Related Articles
and the beat goes on….
Cleaning in Dairy Industry

Newsletter Image

Get all latest news and articles straight to your inbox