As established leaders offering extensive resources to practitioners across the built environment, world’ largest FM Association, the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) and leading Association of Real Estate, Infrastructure and Construction (RICS) have come together in collaboration to further develop and professionalise the field of facility management. By joining strategic resources, they will meet the growing demands of 25 million FM practitioners from the US$1 trillion global facility management (FM) industry.
The goals of the IFMA-RICS collaboration include:
- Advancing global knowledge sharing and cohesion within the FM community
- Expanding the existing informational and networking infrastructure for members of both organisations
- Unifying the FM career path through both IFMA credentials and RICS qualifications
- Incorporating FM trends and best practices into a more comprehensive picture of the built environment
- Encouraging graduates and young professionals to select careers in FM
- Asserting the strategic value of FM to business in order to further elevate the profession
The RICS and IFMA collaboration will be shaped over time, but initially will leverage both organisations’ existing resources in education, research, conferences and events, and external relations. They will also work together to align credentials and qualifications to shape a single FM career path with demonstrable professional status which is recognised and respected globally.