Hampshire based Pure Hold Ltd has come up with Pure Hold Hygiene Handle, an intelligent hand sanitising system. When a person pulls the blue handle to open the door, sanitising alcohol hand gel is automatically released through the patented release valve system onto his/her hand. Its ‘intelligent’ delivery system ensures that the volume of alcohol gel delivered is always appropriate to the size of the user’s hand. This avoids inefficient and costly excess waste of the hand gel; something that is often seen with traditional hand gel dispensers.
How/Why it works
To operate the Pure Hold Hygiene Handle, simply (1) grip the blue “gel” handle, (2) pull the door open as normal, and (3) rub hands together.
Installation of the Pure Hold Hygiene Handle significantly improves hand hygiene compliance rates because it forces users to clean their hands. Studies have shown that a high percentage of people do not use conventional wall-mounted dispensers because they are in too much of a rush, can’t be bothered, are not aware they should, or because the gel dispenser is empty. It seems that in a busy and cluttered world, wallmounted gel dispensers are losing the battle to grab people’s attention.
The Pure Hold Hygiene Handle solves this problem by incorporating the alcohol gel dispenser into the door handle, ensuring that most people who pass through the door do use the sanitising hand gel.
- An Intelligent alcohol hand gel delivery system – dispensing the right amount of gel to each user
- Strong stainless steel frame (compliant with BS 8424)
- Large alcohol hand gel capacity (1200ml) with reserve reservoir, reducing the likelihood of running empty (even in high footfall locations)
- Extremely easy to refill with alcohol gel
- Low maintenance
- Suitable for installation on FD30 & FD60 fire doors (compliant with BS EN1634-1)
- Independent tests prove the Hygiene Handle to be 98.5% cleaner than a standard door handle
- Dispensing a bacterial and virucidal gel for double protection (tested to EN1500 and EN14476)
- The hygiene handle can also be supplied with an additional nongel handle section if required so that the user has the option not to sanitise their hands.