The Global Awards organised jointly by WRP and CINET, had over a 100 extraordinary nominees coming from 35 countries. Finally, about 30 companies pithed their story to 20 international jury members consisting of industry experts. “It is a very good initiative and brought several countries on one platform,” said Mohana M, Managing Editor of Clean India Journal, who was part of the jury.
The entries received and the efforts put in to profile their business during the selection process were excellent. The program had two categories, Textile Cleaning and Textile Services. The GBPA were given to:
- Best Overall Award TC: Beijing Fornet Laundry Services from China.
- Best Overall Award TS: Logo Tex from Hungary.
- Innovation Award TC: Laundrapp from the UK.
- Innovation Award TS: Synergy Health from the Netherlands.
- Sustainability Award TC: Fashion Cleaners from the USA.
- Sustainability Award TS: CHMS from Germany.
Special Awards for Corporate Social Responsibility were presented to:
- Orange Sky Laundry
- Esat l’Eventail “Pressing de la Sarre”
- Chetna (Dibella, Lamme, Blycolin)
Special Awards are presented to companies which had an extraordinary business concept or a distinguishing model.
- Qingdao Jieshen Xidi Co. Ltd
- BleskInCare/ Novost laundry
- Crouse’s Cleaners
- Korea Laundry Co. Ltd. (WashEnjoy)
- Prestige Cleaners
Laundry companies looking at new markets
The laundry and dry cleaning segment world over is witnessing new trends in different markets. Clean India Journal interacted with global manufacturers and suppliers at Texcare 2016, Frankfurt, to understand the changing trends and innovations in the laundry care segment.
The focal point of laundry today is on networking all processes in accordance with Industry 4.0, sustainable conversion to ‘smart laundries’, innovations for contact less laundry registration, visualizing all processes in real-time, intelligent storage systems and use of robot technology. These are some of the futuristic trends that is likely to envelope most of Europe, America and other Western parts of the world.