Take care –
- The sponge does not become saturated
- The sponge is damp and not soaking
- To gently wipe off the dirt and rust
- Not to wipe dry… Let the frames dry themselves
Another method to clean gilt frames:
Carefully dust the frame. Make a mixture of one ounce of baking soda and three egg whites. Beat well. Wash the frames with this mix.
How to clean an iron?
If the iron has a waxy residue on the plate:
- Set the iron on the highest setting
- Get a newspaper or brown paper bag and run the iron back and forth on the paper
- Stop when the waxy residue is gone
- Dip a rag or paper towel into ammonia and rub on the plate
- Then, take a clean paper towel or clean rag, dip it in cold water
- Rub this cloth over the plate, to remove and ammonia residue
- If the iron plate has starch build-up, use a kitchen spray on the plate
While, cleaning the sole plate some of the Teflon coating comes off. To help make the iron glide more smoothly on cloth, first iron a few pieces of wax paper. Never ever immerse an iron or any electrical appliance in water!