Since you are probably never up in the rafters, you don’t notice the accumulation of debris until it starts falling into your machinery and stored products. In food and beverage plants, this can result in a failed inspection. In manufacturing, warehousing & commercial settings, it can become a safety, health or fire hazard.
“Most people don’t realize how dusty, dirty or grimy a ceiling can get because we don’t see or pay attention to it” – says Jayanth, Head – GlassHoppers, Largest Rope Access Brand of India.
How industrial ceiling cleaning differs from other cleaning?
Any dusting or cleaning at height above than eight feet falls under the domain of industrial ceiling cleaning service. Business owners may be tempted to ask their employees to clean their facility walls or fixtures. However, when cleaning or dusting anything over eight feet high, there is a liability factor. This is in addition to the risk of something happening to their employees.
Why should rafters and high ceilings be clean?
• Piles of dust and dirt can become breeding grounds for mites, mold, bacteria, viruses and other pollutants
• Some dust materials can become a fire hazard when built up on high surface areas
• Chunks of collected debris can enter the ventilation and clog up the HVAC system and machines
• Can cause odors and break down the surface resulting it into getting tarnished
• Aesthetic reasons, visible dirt collected on surfaces can make a workplace unattractive
• Creates poor indoor air quality, which is a leading environmental threat and cause of airborne sickness
• Trusses made up of mild steel can corrode easily if not regularly maintained
How industrial ceiling cleaning is done?
Rope Access Professionals start industrial ceiling cleaning with protecting all floors, walls, and surrounding surfaces with a poly-plastic film, taking care not to damage any goods or machines below. We use Boom Lift, Mobile Scaffolding, Scissor Lifts & RAPs for ceiling access. The RAPs start by vacuuming grease-saturated dust off all industrial ceiling fixtures using an industrial HEPA-filter vacuum, then clean the ceiling with an all-natural industrial ceiling cleaning, degreasing solution. This softens the dried-on dirt and residue, which is then removed with a microfibre cloth. Bleach is only used when necessary.
A clean workplace promotes efficiency and effectiveness. Maintaining a clean warehouse or factory will lead to increased productivity and higher staff morale, as well as ensure your business complies with all the current health and safety criteria.
By having professional ceiling cleaners spend time on your ceilings, they will be able to notice and address any issues before they become a giant problem. This could be cracks, chips, holes, or the beginning of mold or putrefaction.
Generally, the time taken to clean a large factory ceiling is three to four days during annual shut downs.