The development of proposed IT-SEZ and IT parks, which would create essential infrastructure for the sector, is expected to fuel the growth in the state. Some of the proposed investments in the sector are enumerated below:
- 21 IT-SEZs have been permitted in the state
- Four Software Technology Parks (STP units) are proposed to be set up in Bhopal, Indore, and Gwalior.
- MOUs worth Rs.77bn with 20 companies for investment in IT sector in the state Mega State Projects
- Setting up an air cargo hub at Indore, for which 500 hectares of land would be acquired near existing Devi Ahilyabai Holkar
- Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group will enhance its integrated power plants in Madhya Pradesh at an investment of R.25000Cr.
- HUDCO to invest Rs.2,000Cr to strengthen urban water supply and urban infrastructure development schemes.
- MTech Metals & Mining has inked MoU to invest Rs.9,000Cr in an integrated steel plant and an auto park to be set up in Jabalpur division.
- Future Group plans to invest Rs.2,500Cr for an integratedfood park and to create jobs for 21,400 people.
- Vellore Institute of Technology plans to invest Rs.500Cr to set up a university in the state.
- Bharat Forge will invest Rs.1,880Cr to set up a steel plant at Shahdol and auto-component plants near Indore.
- Tata Consultancy Services will invest Rs 410Cr in Indore to create 12,000 jobs.
- Steel Authority of India Limited plans to invest Rs 5000Cr in an iron plant at Chhatarpur.
- Stem Learning Ltd plans to invest Rs.80 crore to train 20,000 students
- Rockland Hospital will invest Rs.300Cr in a super-speciality hospital.
- NTPC has inked an MoU to invest `9000Cr to set up a 1,200 MW thermal power station at Khargon.
- American Copper Limited plans to invest Rs.1856Cr in a 500 metric tonnes per annum copper plant in Balaghat Upcoming Infrastructure Projects.
- Apparel, Pharma and Food Processing cluster at Indore.
- Readymade Garment Park, Multi-Product Industrial and a Leather Complex at Gwalior.
- Food Processing Cluster at Shivpuri
- Plastic Park & Multi Product Industrial Area at Bhopal
- Flatted Industrial Complex and Convention Centre at Jabalpur
- Proposed Gems and Jewellery Park & Convention Centre at Indore
- 1000 MW Gas-based Power Plant at Guna by DMICDC
- Assembling and manufacturing of automobiles and auto components
- Setting up of centres of excellence like automobile design centre, R&D facilities, industry-specific training centres
- Infrastructure development in the form of Auto & Ancillaries Park and Machine Tools Park
- Auto financing and vehicle retailing.
With inputs from MSME-Development Institute,
investmp.com and ibef.org