Here is an exclusive look into OneSIS’s datasheet, SOPs and innovations for a leading food processing client, where it provides housekeeping, security, production support staffing and other services.
Locations: Nanjangud, Mysore, Goa and Sanand
Total area serviced: 1 million square feet
Products manufactured: Noodles/Coffee/Chocolates
Serving for: 5 years
Areas to be serviced
Utility areas, mixing room, chocolate production areas, starter rooms, cold storage, product solution center, packing, batching and storing,
- Undertake a time-motion study for cleaning activities in each area, mapping man hours to cleaning. Identify suitable cleaning equipment/tools and tackles for each plant area
- Cleaning chemicals chosen based on the food item produced in the plant – normally green chemicals.
- Mapping the production activity from raw material intake to despatch of finished goods, and designing the SOP to map each production-flow process
Control of operations
- Incoming material procured as per internally laid down specification & from an approved vendor.
- Raw material is inspected at the time of receiving for food safety hazards.
- Incoming material, semi-final or final products are stored according to their temperature and humidity requirements, in a hygienic environment. FIFO & FEFO is practised.
- Requisite time and temperature is achieved, maintained, monitored and recorded.
- Food manufactured/processed is packed in a hygienic manner.
- Packaging materials are food grade & in sound condition.
- Cleaning chemicals and other hazardous substances are clearly identified and stored separately from food.
- Transporting vehicles for food use are kept clean and maintained in good repair. They are capable of meeting requisite temperatures (where applicable).
Maintenance & sanitisation
- Cleaning of manufacturing equipment and food premises is done as per cleaning schedule & cleaning program.
- Preventive maintenance of equipment and machinery is carried out regularly as per the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Measuring & monitoring devices are calibrated periodically.
- Pest control activities are carried out by trained and experienced personnel.
- Drains are designed to meet expected flow loads and equipped with traps to capture contaminants.
- Food waste and other refuse are removed periodically from food handling areas to avoid accumulation.
- Disposal of sewage and effluents is done in conformity with standards laid down under Environment Protection Act, 1986.
- Implementing Smart Surface Disinfection Program for the Production Areas/QA Labs, which prevents cross contamination and is very effective for infection control.
- Use Airborne Infection Control to improve the Indoor Air Quality, especially in the QA labs and Production Areas.
- Implementing UV Air Sanitizers, harnessing the power of UV-C rays to alter the DNA of harmful microorganisms.
- Use of robotics cleaning and scrubbing machines to minimise human intervention and thereby cross contamination.
- Implemented Smart Cleaning Program, replacing traditional method of cleaning with customized Smart Clean housekeeping trolleys, pre wet cleaning system, microfibre mops and dusters.
- Implementation of E-checklists replacing manual checklists
- Digitised Asset Management to track equipment and working condition to ensure no downtime for cleaning due to unavailability of equipment.