India takes a giant leap towards providing accessible and affordable healthcare to common man with the launch of Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan AarogyaYojana by Narendra Modi on 23rd September 2018 at Ranchi, Jharkhand. With this scheme, the government is aiming to take healthcare protection to a new aspirational level. This is the world’s largest government funded healthcare program which is targeting more than 50 crore beneficiaries.
Benefits under the scheme:
• Cover of up to Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization
• Over 10.74 crore vulnerable entitled families will be eligible for these benefits
• Cashless and paperless access to services for the beneficiary at the point of service
• It will help reduce catastrophic expenditure for hospitalizations, which impoverishes people and will help mitigate the financial risk arising out of catastrophic health episodes
• Entitled families will be able to use the quality health services they need without facing financial hardships