Indian restaurant fined
Newent Tandoori, a popular Indian restaurant on Broad Street at Newent in the UK, has been fined £1,650 for not maintaining proper hygiene. When environmental health officers from the Forest of Dean District Council inspected the restaurant last year, they found dirt and debris on the floor. They claimed that kitchen equipment and utensils were also dirty and the owners had failed to implement a plan for food safety. The restaurant displays a three star ‘scores on the doors’ and inspectors claim that the restaurant has now begun complying with the regulations.